Bethlehem Lutheran Church was started in 1925 in Pacific Grove, California. The church was located on Pine Street and was there for 14 years. Ground breaking on the Cass Street location was held on June 7, 1959. On August 30, 1959 the Cornerstone was laid at our current location of 800 Cass Street, Monterey. On November 12, 1961 our new pipe organ was dedicated. The organ, which was built in the German Federal Republic, is the largest pipe organ on the Peninsula.